Want to get involved in your community, but don’t know how? Here are some great ideas of things you can do to help those around you.
Local Shelters: Make sack lunches to give to the homeless. Contact the shelter to see what items are needed and start a collection.
Retirement Communities: Write cards to local residents, or volunteer your time to play games, read, and offer companionship to the retired residents in your town.
Library: Read to different groups at library, or donate old books that are in good condition.
Parks: Organize a group of friends to clean up local parks.
Sports: If you play a sport, volunteer your time to help a local coach at practice with younger teams.
First Responders/Health Care: Write letters of encouragement.
Teen Volunteer Opportunities in Johnson City
- Everlan Retirement Community Johnson City: https://lensa.com/volunteer-everlan-jobs/johnson-city/jd/a65d1e506d4d8f1b1bd4f68ca66e94de
- Good Samaritan Ministries, INC: https://goodsamjc.org/volunteer-opportunities/
- Johnson City Public Library: https://www.jcpl.org/volunteering-teen/
- Southern Appalachian Ronald McDonald House: https://www.jcpl.org/volunteering-teen/
- Small Miracles Therapeutic Equestrian Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Johnson City Community Theatre: https://jccommunitytheatre.org/contact/
- Second Harvest Food Bank: https://netfoodbank.org/volunteer/
- One Acre Café: https://oneacrecafe.org/volunteer.html
- Dominion Senior Living: https://lensa.com/volunteer-jobs/johnson-city/jd/22e99be515270400ece76e754825c00e
- Washington County Animal Shelter: https://wcjcanimalshelter.org/support-us/volunteer/
Volunteer at your local animal shelter!
Service Doesn’t Need To Be Hard!
Pick something that you like to do and share it with someone else! Do you like to cook? Make a neighbor a meal. Do you enjoy reading? Volunteer reading to patients at the hospital or retirement home or school. Are you good at gardening? Plant a garden with someone that needs help. Service is simply doing something for someone else and not expecting anything in return. It is that easy!
Volunteering is fun when you have a friend join you!